My blog is called “Notes from the Rabbit Hole” and perhaps this needs a bit of an explanation.
Every so often everybody comes to a crossroads in his or her live. We have the choice of moving this way or the other way. One of those ways usually resembles the rabbit hole as coined by the lovely story of Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. The meaning of the rabbit hole in that sense is the following (as per Wikipedia):
Alice follows a mysterious white rabbit into a rabbit hole to enter ‘Wonderland’, an absurd and improbable world inhabited by many strange characters. This usage has helped make the phrase refer more generally to any portal into a different or strange world. (Source)
And that’s really all there is to it. I have chosen to go down that rabbit hole into a different and strange world with some strange characters and through my blog I want to report back on my findings in the hope that some others too might find the courage to face the unknown and figure out what lies behind the bend on the hidden path.
Here are the main rules of behaviour (personal Code of Honour) I have determined for myself and which I hold myself accountable to as they relate to the subject at hand – diving head first into the rabbit hole:
- Relentlessly pursue personal development to better myself
- Embrace any and all challenges put in front of me
- Always speak my truth
- Ban the words: “I can’t do this”
- Ban the words: “I know that”
- When faced with fear take a deep breath and walk straight into it
- Know and remember there are always two sides to a coin
- Never answer always question
- Celebrate failure
- Welcome change
This is the spirit in which I live my life and after working with hundreds of people for the last 20 years or so, helping them achieve their dreams and aspirations, I know that many fear embracing who they really are. My aim with this blog is to shed some light on my own fears and others to help dissipate it. May we all shine and be who we really are!
Welcome to the rabbit hole!
- This is an original photograph by Cyril Helnwein, this is NOT photoshopped! (used with permission)